Welcome PROF.KAMAKHYA PRASAD GHATAK, INDIA to be TPC!
PROF.KAMAKHYA PRASAD GHATAK, DEPARTMENT OF BASIC SCIENCE AND HUMANITIES, INDIA
Born in India on 12th April, 1953, Professor Kamakhya Prasad Ghatak WAS THE FIRST RECIPIENT OF DOCTOR OF ENGINEERING DEGREE OF JADAVPUR UNIVERSITY, KOLKATA IN 1991 SINCE THE UNIVERSITY INCEPTION IN 1955,
• PROF. GHATAK (H-INDEX-31, I-10INDEX-156 & TOTAL CITATIONS-4457) RECEIVED THE INSA VISITING FELLOWSHIP TO IIT-KHARAGPUR IN 1991.
• Professor Ghatak obtained the Ph.D. (Tech) Degree from the Institute of Radio Physics and Electronics of the University of Calcutta in 1988 ON THE BASIS OF 27 PUBLISHED RESEARCH PAPERS IN INTERNATIONAL PEER-REVIEWED (IP) SCI JOURNALS WHICH IS STILL A RECORD IN THE SAID INSTITUTE.
• PROFESSOR GHATAK IS THE CO-AUTHOR OF MORE THAN 400 RESEARCH PAPERS IN SCI JOURNALS AND 60 RESEARCH PAPERS IN THE PROCEEDINGS OF THE CONFERENCES OF SPIE AND MRS RESPECTIVELY (https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user =q8z3CMAAAAJ&hl =en).
• THE SCORE IN VIDWAN PORTAL UNIT, OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT OF INDIA, OF PROFESSOR K.P. GHATAK IS 8.9 OUT OF 10, THE HIGHEST SCORE IN WEST BENGAL (https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/48998).
• PROFESSOR GHATAK IS THE PRINCIPAL CO-AUTHOR OF 9 RESEARCH MONOGRAPHS on various topics of nano technology from Springer-Verlag Germany (Vol.170 in Solid State Science, Vols. 116, 137, 167 in Materials Science, Vols. 255, 260,262,265 in Tracts in Modern Physics (TMP) and 1 in Nano structured Science and Technology series) and he is the SOLO AUTHOR of Vols. 262 and 265 in TMP FOR THE FIRST TIME IN WEST BENGAL and is still a record within a span of 8 years starting from 2009.
• He is the SOLO AUTHOR of two research monographs (vols. 7 and 8) in the Series on the Foundations of Natural Science and Technology of World Scientific Publishing Co. Singapore FOR THE FIRST TIME FROM INDIA.
• He is the PRINCIPAL EDITOR of the two Edited Monographs in Series in Nanotechnology Science of NOVA, USA.
• Prof. Ghatak has produced MORE THAN 24 PHD STUDENTS AND AMONG THEM 6 ARE IN THE LAST 3 YEARS (2 from the University of Calcutta, 1 from IIEST Shibpur and 3 from National Institute of Technology at Agartala) and all of them are the faculty members of reputed academic institution. At present 6 students are working under him for their respective PhD degrees in different topics of nano-science and technology.
• THE ALL INDIAN COUNCIL FOR TECHNICAL EDUCATION HAS SELECTED THE FIRST RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT PROJECT IN HIS LIFE FOR THE BEST PROJECT AWARD IN ELECTRONICS AND SECOND BEST RESEARCH PROJECT AWARD CONSIDERING ALL THE BRANCHES OF ENGINEERING FOR THE YEAR 2006 AND IN 2011, THE UNIVERSITY GRANT COMMISSION AWARDED A RESEARCH PROJECT TO HIM AND PLACED HIM AT THE TOP IN THE LIST OF AWARDEES.
• He is the invited Speaker of SPIE, MRS, etc., the referee and Editor of different reputed Journals.